Thursday 17 July 2008

Out for the day


I went into Norwich city centre on Sunday.I love to go shopping but never seem to find the time nowadays.Norwich is such a lovely place and the city centre has some lovely old buildings and a nice park to sit down and enjoy after a hard days shopping.The first photo is the Royal Arcade .The second photo shows the tops of Norwich market that has recently been completely revamped and you can also see Norwich castle in the background.The last 3 photos are all taken in Chapelfield Park .There were loads of elephants dotted around the city for children to find and then they were to be auctioned off for charity.The elephant in the park is my favourite and many hours of work must have gone into this.
I have just finished 3 elephants myself and am waiting for decent weather to take photos and then I can put them on my blog.Only 5 weeks to the Norwich bear fair now and I have 11 finished and 5 more to go.I make a lot of smaller bears now so my table will probably still look empty even with that amount.I refuse completely though to do any more than planned so that they are hopefully finished a week before the fair.I don't like the pressure of leaving it all to the last minute as I am not the fastest bear maker and won't compromise quality for the sake of doing just one more!!!

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Oh Norwich looks great Laurie. Will be seeing it hopefully in a couple of weeks, can't wait. Charlotte is working at Corton this summer (Warners) and we are going to see her in two weeks, hoping to get into Lowestoft, Yarmouth and Norwich. Good luck with getting your bears done for the fair, it's good to have a target to work towards. I always seem to get more done that way.

Pauline